SYDNEY, Australia – 16 May, 2019 – Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), today introduced Lumada Video Insights, an end-to-end, intelligent and adaptable suite of applications that delivers operational safety and business intelligence using internet of things (IoT), video, artificial intelligence (AI) and analytics. Lumada Video Insights is an integral part of Hitachi Vantara’s DataOps strategy, which redefines data management for the AI era by seamlessly connecting data consumers with data creators to rapidly monetise customers’ data.
Lumada Video Insights brings together Hitachi’s video offerings for smart spaces with new technology updates, innovations and integrations into Hitachi’s Lumada portfolio. The solution complements and extends the Lumada platform and services ecosystem with expanded AI, computer vision, advanced analytics, data integration and orchestration capabilities to help enterprise and industrial customers accelerate their IoT initiatives and cultivate their own smart spaces and ecosystems.
With multiple customer success stories and increasing demand, Lumada Video Insights demonstrates significant momentum in the emerging smart spaces industry. And when put together with DataOps, it unlocks new opportunities for customers to maximise the value of the vast amounts of data collected as IoT disrupts numerous industries worldwide.
According to Gartner, Inc., “A smart space is a physical or digital environment in which humans and technology-enabled systems interact in increasingly open, connected, coordinated and intelligent ecosystems. Multiple elements — including people, processes, services and things — come together in a smart space to create a more immersive, interactive and automated experience for a target set of personas or industry scenarios.
This trend has been coalescing for some time around elements such as smart cities, digital workplaces, smart homes and connected factories. Gartner believes the market is entering a period of accelerated delivery of robust smart spaces, with technology becoming an integral part of our daily lives, whether as employees, customers, consumers, community members or citizens. AI-related trends, the expansion of IoT-connected edge devices, the development of digital twins of things and organisations, and the maturing of blockchain offer increasing opportunities to drive more connected, coordinated and intelligent solutions across target environments.” 1
Lumada Video Insights Supports Rapid Smart Spaces Growth With the capabilities to collect, store, manage and analyse video data, Lumada Video Insights delivers valuable analysis and alerts to help organisations be more effective, efficient and secure.
Advances in computer vision and machine learning have allowed video to be a rich source of insights that provide operational and customer experience intelligence, and real time-situational awareness and alerts to enable swift, effective and proactive responses to incidents, emergencies and customer issues. With Lumada Video Insights, customers can gather data insights to improve planning and identify opportunities for cost and waste reductions and factors to improve operational excellence.
Key features of Lumada Video Insights include:
• IoT, video and historical data can be visualised geospatially and graphically in a single-pane-of-glass view.
• Video analytics turns existing or new video data into a insights and real-time alerts through AI analysis.
• Video data storage and management solutions that ensure rapid speed and high volumes of foundational data are available, complete and fault-tolerant while simplifying data management.
• Smart edge devices and video intelligence platforms that gather data and insights from anywhere.
• Mine publicly available data from social media or the deep web for open-source intelligence and awareness of brand-related conversations in target areas.
• Helps data-driven decision-making about safety, operations and customer experience.
Lumada Video Insights strengthens the Lumada portfolio of data-driven applications, which is further supported by Hitachi Vantara’s data integration, orchestration, storage and management offerings to provide end-to-end solutions and business value to customers around the world.
“Smart spaces innovation is a focus area for Hitachi Vantara as we continue to see a demand to use new and diverse sources of data blended with more traditional data to gain rich insights,” said Brad Surak, chief product and strategy officer at Hitachi Vantara. “With Lumada Video Insights and our focus on DataOps, we are excited to expand our work with public and private organisations to transform how retail, government and transportation use data-driven intelligence to innovate and achieve greater outcomes.”
Hitachi Smart Spaces Customer Success
Hitachi Vantara works hand-in-hand with customers to deliver purpose-built, outcome-driven solutions that generate actionable insights to improve safety, operations and business intelligence. Recent Smart Spaces customer successes include:
• City of Las Vegas (Nevada): By deploying Hitachi Smart Spaces in its Innovation District, the city tapped traffic, parking and passenger flow data to optimise operations. In one area, a spike of bike delivery activity was detected, highlighting the need for more bike lanes along delivery routes.
• City of Moreno Valley (California): For several years, this city has been using elements of Lumada Video Insights which have helped decrease crime, improve emergency-response time in traffic, and address a missing person case using Hitachi technology.
• Tequila Intelligente (Jalisco, Mexico): This heavily touristed home of the tequila industry uses Lumada Video Insights to gather foot and vehicle traffic data to enhance the visitor and citizen experience.
• Dallas Housing Authority (Texas): To keep residents safe throughout its properties, Dallas Housing Authority deployed Lumada Video Insights, including smart cameras with compute and storage to analyse and monitor video data.
Lumada Video Insights solutions are available for customers today with global general availability for most of the portfolio, and limited availability for edge devices in some countries. More information is available at: https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/products/iot-operations-intelligence/lumada-video-insights.html
Increasing mandates around the security of personal data have made encryption for every business. Australian businesses are leading the world in the use of encryption to protect backups, payment-related data, and laptops – and yet they still have a long way to go before encryption is both ubiquitous and manageable.
If your last access-control update was even a few years ago, you’re probably more exposed to fraud and exploitation than you’d like to be.
It’s not hard to understand why bot management is critical to maintaining business availability and customer satisfaction – but do you know how to properly deal with bots?
Increasing use of encryption has created new challenges for enterprise security managers. Ever more-sophisticated encryption such as Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS) protects data and may even boost your Google ranking – but it also provides a haven for malicious code that may use encryption to bypass enterprise security controls.
Why nation-state attacks are everyone’s problem