LAS VEGAS – BOOMI WORLD 18 – Dell Boomi™ (Boomi), the leading transformation provider of cloud integration and workflow automation software to build The Connected Business, announced, at Boomi World 18, the company’s latest additions to its integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) for today’s enterprise. The only vendor to offer a unified platform with built-in data quality and connectivity across the enterprise —from people, applications and databases to devices and things—Boomi defines the iPaaS industry today.
With its latest capabilities for The Connected Enterprise — Boomi Connect Now, Boomi Data Services for Pivotal, Boomi API Gateway and Developer Portal, Bot SDK and new Professional Services offerings — Boomi provides the tools organizations need to support a breadth of use cases across all personas, ensuring both high productivity and IT control. Boomi democratizes integration, making it accessible to all users regardless of their level of technical expertise or role in the organization from citizen developers, business analysts and integration experts.
“Flinders University prides itself for being an innovator in contemporary education and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates,” said Nicole Fishers, Associate Director, Digital Business Services & Deputy CIO at Flinders University. “We have recognised the vital need of progressive technology in the higher education industry and Boomi allows us to be connected across our entire organisation. With more than 25,000 students, Boomi is helping us to provide them unprecedented access to information.”
“Sky’s mission is to connect customers to more of what they love. Dell Boomi's ability to connect data, processes and people has an extremely positive impact on the experience Sky provides its 12 million UK customers,” said Olive Perrins, Service Strategy Manager at Sky. “Our people are critical to our success and being able to bring together our rich talent along with critical applications and data will be key to our continued success.”
New highlights of Dell Boomi’s capabilities geared toward the enterprise include:
• Boomi Connect Now – Allows partners and select customers to provide a centralized self-service offering for users who don’t have integration expertise. Boomi Connect Now increases productivity for the business user, customer, vendor or supplier by assisting in accomplishing quick, foolproof integrations, while IT still maintains total control.
• Boomi API Gateway and Developer Portal – As we look to redefine the definition of integration to evolve beyond data and applications to include people, it's increasingly important to facilitate secure and scalable interactions with external parties. By leveraging the gateway functionality, our customers will have increased confidence in the security and scalability of the services that they provide. Furthermore, with the developer portal, our customers will greatly enhance the discoverability and be able to engage at scale with their broader API consumers.
• Data Services for Pivotal – Boomi and Pivotal now offer customers even faster deployment of the Boomi iPaaS, with deployment options available for Pivotal Kubernetes and Pivotal Application Services environments (PKS/PAS) from the Pivotal Cloud Foundry marketplace. This allows joint customers to rapidly respond to changing customer needs and provides a modernized IT infrastructure to help organizations become agile and cloud-first. Deep integration and seamless runtimes allow Boomi integration to fit seamlessly into Pivotal’s Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) framework.
• Boomi Enterprise Innovation Services – The latest professional services offering from Boomi allows enterprise customers to collaborate with Boomi experts to achieve innovation and excellence at scale and fully capitalize on Boomi’s industry-leading integration cloud to build a connected business. Available as a subscription, Dell Boomi Enterprise Innovation Services provides a package of integration services, support and resources, with the flexibility to customize to specific customer needs.
• Architectural Services – Allows customers to harness the full power of evolving IT architectures by partnering with Dell Boomi’s architectural experts. With this service, customers can collaborate with Boomi technical, solutions, business and enterprise architects who offer unmatched industry experience.
• Blockchain – The evolution of business will require the ability to integrate with blockchain smart contracts. Boomi’s world-class platform offers support for the industry-leading blockchain platforms Ethereum and Hyperledger Fabric, so customers will now be ready to quickly and easily incorporate smart contracts into their business processes.
• Bot SDK – an accelerator toolkit that packages everything a Boomi developer needs to build a bot. Customers can now achieve faster time to market with bots that are highly integrated into their existing infrastructure and optimized for lead generation and ROI in as little as 15 minutes.
Additional Leadership Quotes "Just as is the case today with most businesses requiring an integration platform solution like Dell Boomi that helps them solve their integration challenges of a hybrid landscape, business will need to solve challenges that now require integration of their hybrid landscape and blockchain smart contracts,” said Michael J. Morton, CTO, Boomi.
“We are seeing Boomi developers build their presence at every enterprise organization, extending their reach within a line of business and influencing business decisions,” said Steve Wood, Chief Product Officer, Boomi. “With the continued growth of our enterprise offerings, we are committed to improving organizational productivity and helping developers lead their organizations—whether that’s doing their own custom work in the Boomi environment, supplementing it with outside sources and expertise or providing their organization the tools it needs to enable its own citizen integrators.”
“Perficient has strong, strategic partnerships and implementation experience with Dell Boomi and Pivotal, key technologies which support IT modernization,” said Vishal Rajpal, general manager of Perficient’s cloud platform solutions group. “The depth and breadth of our experience and expertise positions us to expertly deliver these platforms, accelerating digital transformation for our clients. Together, these technologies unleash powerful application development and cloud integration capabilities that our customers need.”
About Dell Boomi
Dell Boomi (Boomi), an independent business unit of Dell, is the leading provider of a unified platform to build The Connected Business, from cloud integration to workflow automation. Boomi helps organizations accelerate business agility by connecting data, applications and people to run faster and smarter. Visit http://www.boomi.com for more information.
© 2018 Boomi Inc. Dell, Boomi, and Dell Boomi are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other names or marks may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Statements in this material that relate to future results, future hiring, and future events or investment are forward-looking statements and are based on Boomi’s current expectations. In some cases, you can identify these statements by such forward-looking words as “anticipate,” “believe,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “confidence,” “may,” “plan,” “potential,” “should,” “will” and “would,” or similar expressions. Actual results, hiring, customer trends, and events in future periods may differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements because of a number of risks, uncertainties and other factors, including the challenge of finding and onboarding new personnel, marketplace trends, ongoing management attention to the market, the uncertainties associated with technology changes and the development and release of new technology. Boomi and Dell Technologies assume no obligation to update any such forward-looking statements.
Increasing mandates around the security of personal data have made encryption for every business. Australian businesses are leading the world in the use of encryption to protect backups, payment-related data, and laptops – and yet they still have a long way to go before encryption is both ubiquitous and manageable.
If your last access-control update was even a few years ago, you’re probably more exposed to fraud and exploitation than you’d like to be.
It’s not hard to understand why bot management is critical to maintaining business availability and customer satisfaction – but do you know how to properly deal with bots?
Increasing use of encryption has created new challenges for enterprise security managers. Ever more-sophisticated encryption such as Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS) protects data and may even boost your Google ranking – but it also provides a haven for malicious code that may use encryption to bypass enterprise security controls.
Why nation-state attacks are everyone’s problem