Caleb Barlow, vice president threat intelligence, IBM Security
“By entering relationships with trusted partners like Fortinet, IBM is able to construct a clearer picture of the global threat landscape. Today, threat actors are highly skilled, organised, well-resourced and able to operate globally and swiftly. In order to defend effectively, we must operate with that same speed and develop informed, accurate counter-measures. The kind of collective defence we’ve formed with Fortinet helps IBM better protect clients and communities by equipping us with additional intelligence that enables us to respond to emerging threats more quickly, and more completely.”
Phil Quade, chief information security officer, Fortinet
“Every organisation faces evolving cyber threats, an expanding attack surface, and a growing cybersecurity skills shortage. Actionable intelligence with global visibility is important to enable these organisations to move from being reactive to proactive. You cannot protect or take action on what you cannot see, which is why threat information sharing between trusted industry partners is a vital part of helping businesses combat cyber threats globally.”
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, automated, and integrated cybersecurity solutions, today announced that Fortinet and IBM Security will collaborate through the bi-directional sharing of cyber threat information.
• The goal of the agreement is to proactively combat cyber threats and threats to privacy globally through the sharing of contextual threat information generated by the Fortinet FortiGuard Labs threat research team and IBM Security’s X-Force research team.
• IBM Security and Fortinet will directly collaborate through bi-directional sharing of threat intelligence using secure channels. Joint threat information sharing will deliver deep security research expertise and global threat intelligence for increased protection for the customers of each company.
• IBM Security and Fortinet global threat research teams monitor and analyze security threats from a variety of sources, providing valuable and near real-time threat intelligence. By integrating the threat intelligence feeds from each company, customers will now benefit from more thorough data being available.
Ongoing Cooperation Between Fortinet and IBM
While the agreement formalises the cooperation between Fortinet and IBM Security in regards to threat information sharing, both organisations have already been working together in regards to comprehensive security protections.
IBM Security has been a Fortinet Fabric-Ready partner since 2017. Fortinet’s open approach extends the broad visibility, integrated threat prevention, and automated response of its Security Fabric architecture through well-defined APIs to IBM for unified security management and security incident response.
In addition, Fortinet earlier this year announced collaboration with IBM on its IBM X-Force Threat Management Services. Working with IBM Security on X-Force Threat Management Services enables both organisations to further provide mutual customers with threat insight, attack detection and prevention, and an integrated defence-in-depth strategy designed to seamlessly span across an organisation’s entire attack surface.
• Read more on our blog about how IBM and Fortinet are working together to address the need for actionable threat intelligence.
• Access or download our latest Quarterly Threat Landscape Report
• Sign up for the weekly FortiGuard Threat Intelligence Briefs or the FortiGuard Threat Intelligence Service.
• Read more about the Fortinet Security Fabric or the Third Generation of Network Security.
• Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organisations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security features without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 350,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more at www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Why nation-state attacks are everyone’s problem
Hear from Invictus Games Sydney 2019 CEO, Patrick Kidd OBE and Head of Technology, @James-d-smith -share their insights on how they partnered with Unisys to protect critical data over an open, public WiFi solution.
With so much change all the time, how can executives best prepare their businesses to meet the security challenges of the coming years? CSO Australia, in conjunction with Mimecast, explored this question in an interactive Webinar that looks at how the threat landscape has evolved – and what we can expect in 2019 and beyond.
An interview with CSO's David Braue and Ian Yip, Chief Technology Officer, McAffee.
According to new research conducted by the Ponemon Institute, Australia and New Zealand have the highest levels of data breaches out of the nine countries investigated. This was linked to heavy investment in security detection and an under-investment in security and vulnerability response capabilities