SAN MATEO, Calif. – July 12, 2018 – Snowflake Computing, the data warehouse built for the cloud, today announced immediate availability of its data warehouse-as-a-service on Microsoft Azure for preview. Customer demand for Azure, and the need for large organisations to have flexibility across their cloud strategy, has prompted Snowflake to offer Azure as a cloud computing option to run Snowflake’s cloud-built data warehouse.
Nielsen, the global measurement and data analytics company, built their next-generation Connected System as a cloud-native platform. “We strongly believe that advancements in computing will happen more rapidly in the Cloud. We are proactively building the future of our business by leveraging Snowflake and Microsoft Azure,” Nielsen Buy CTO, Srini Varadarajan said.
Nielsen’s Connected System operates on large volumes of global, retail, point-of-sale data to produce analytics that enable FMCG and retail companies around the world to achieve sustained, profitable growth in today’s ever-evolving industries. “Snowflake and Azure deliver the scale and performance we need to enable modern data analytics so we can deliver our customers the product and consumer insights they need,” Varadarajan said. “We look forward to what’s on the horizon with Azure and Snowflake.”
Snowflake CEO, Bob Muglia said: “Organisations continue to move their data analytics to the cloud at an increasing pace, with the cloud data warehouse at the core of their strategy. Customer demand for an Azure-based data warehouse is also on the rise. We’re working with Microsoft to provide the performance, concurrency and flexibility that Azure customers require from a modern, cloud-built data warehouse.”
Corporate Vice President for Azure Compute at Microsoft Corp., Corey Sanders said: “Migration of an enterprise data warehouse to the cloud is a key requirement for Azure customers. We look forward to partnering with Snowflake to enable these data warehouse migrations for enterprise customers moving onto Microsoft Azure. I am excited to have Snowflake available on the Azure platform.”
To find out more about Snowflake on Azure, read Bob Muglia’s blog by clicking here: http://www.snowflake.net/providing-customer-choice-snowflake-on-azure
For a technical review of Snowflake on Azure, please read this blog post: http://www.snowflake.net/how-to-get-started-with-snowflake-on-azure> from Torsten Grabs, Snowflake Director of Product Management.
Overall, Snowflake’s innovations break down the business and technology barriers that organisations still experience with many data warehouse vendors. Snowflake provides a unique set of qualities to make it the most modern data warehouse built for leveraging all of the capabilities of the cloud:
- All of your data – Create a single source of truth to easily store, integrate and extract critical insight from petabytes of structured and semi-structured data (JSON, XML, AVRO).
- All of your users – Provide access to an architecturally unlimited number of concurrent users and applications without eroding performance.
- Zero management – Snowflake reduces complexity with built-in performance, so there’s no infrastructure to tweak, no knobs to turn and no tuning required.
- Complete SQL database – Snowflake supports the tools millions of business users already know how to use today.
- Per-second pricing – Snowflake’s built-for-the-cloud architecture scales storage separate from compute, up and down, transparently and automatically, so you only pay for what you use.
- Data sharing – Snowflake extends the data warehouse to the Data Sharehouse™, with direct, governed and secure data sharing in real time, so enterprises can easily forge one-to-one, one-to-many and many-to-many data sharing relationships.
● Snowflake Computing: http://www.snowflake.net/
● Snowflake Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/SnowflakeDB
● LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/snowflake-computing
● YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/snowflakecomputing
● Snowflake is hiring: http://www.snowflake.net/about/careers
About Snowflake Computing
Snowflake is the only data warehouse built for the cloud. Snowflake enables the data-driven enterprise with instant elasticity, secure data sharing and per-second pricing. Snowflake combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits. Find out more at http://snowflake.net/
Why nation-state attacks are everyone’s problem
With so much change all the time, how can executives best prepare their businesses to meet the security challenges of the coming years? CSO Australia, in conjunction with Mimecast, explored this question in an interactive Webinar that looks at how the threat landscape has evolved – and what we can expect in 2019 and beyond.
An interview with CSO's David Braue and Ian Yip, Chief Technology Officer, McAffee.
According to new research conducted by the Ponemon Institute, Australia and New Zealand have the highest levels of data breaches out of the nine countries investigated. This was linked to heavy investment in security detection and an under-investment in security and vulnerability response capabilities
In partnerhsip with Mimecast