Talend (NASDAQ: TLND, a global leader in cloud and big data integration solutions, today unveiled a new version of Talend Integration Cloud (TIC), the company’s highly scalable and secure integration platform-as-a-service (iPaaS) solution, which leverages the power of the cloud to enable widespread use of data for decision making. The new release includes a cloud-based version of Talend Data Preparation, which delivers data-as-a-service, 24x7, to a variety of business roles, while allowing IT to maintain control and governance over enterprise information. Available immediately for trial, Talend Data Preparation Cloud accelerates time-to-insight by 3x so companies can more efficiently utilise data as a strategic asset to improve business performance and competitiveness.
“Data is the new ‘oil’ that fuels businesses today. To effectively advance business objectives and become truly data-driven, companies must empower all members of the organisation to access, qualify, analyse and apply information to their daily job functions,” said Ashley Stirrup, CMO for Talend. “The Fall ‘17 release of Talend Integration Cloud makes it easier to scale self-service access to enterprise data so employees can make more informed decisions, faster.”
According to Gartner, “analytics users spend the majority of their time either preparing data for analysis or waiting for data to be prepared for them [by IT]. Self-service data preparation is an iterative agile process for exploring, combining, cleaning and transforming raw data into curated datasets for data science, data discovery, and BI and analytics.” Additionally, Gartner forecasts by 2019, data and analytics organisations that provide agile, curated internal and external datasets for a range of content authors will realize twice the business benefits of those that do not.
Across all industries, intensely data-driven companies are changing the rules of competition. A recent survey showed that an actively engaged workforce drives 15 percent more profitability, is 30 percent more productive, and has 12 percent higher customer engagement. Talend Data Preparation Cloud makes it easier for companies to engage their entire workforce with self-service access to reliable, accurate information, so employees can shape relationships with customers, partners and key stakeholders to advance the business.
“Talend Data Preparation Cloud has a very clean, easy to use interface, which allows us to get value out of our enterprise data much faster. The visualisations are key for us and will allow us to analyse data and return it to our customers quickly. We also love that it’s cloud based, so no servers to maintain and it just works,” said Jermaine Ransom, VP, Data Services, DMD Connects. “We often get data from the last 40 years that has several quality issues. Talend Data Preparation Cloud allows us to get it cleaned up quickly so we can make sense of it and put it to good use in our daily operations.”
Talend Data Preparation Cloud: Run by the Business, Operationalised by IT
Talend Data Preparation Cloud is a governed, on-demand, data preparation application–with nothing to install, upgrade or maintain–that can be up and running in seconds. For line-of-business professionals, the Talend Data Preparation Cloud allows them to:
- Have self-service access to any data source
- Get trusted information for use in their daily activities
- Collaborate with peers on data preparations
- Access sanctioned data coming from SaaS apps, cloud databases, or on-premises sources
- Mask sensitive data from specific parties
- Share their data preparations with IT so they can be operationalised across the enterprise.
For IT professionals, Talend Data Preparation Cloud allows them to:
- Instantaneously deliver an intuitive, web-based tool that enables business users to access, cleanse, analyse and utilise enterprise data
- Empower their line-of-business counterparts with greater insight so they can do their jobs better
- Manage role-based access to enterprise information
- Oversee data quality and governance policies, so they can maintain the accuracy and security of enterprise information
- Operationalise user preparations at enterprise scale
- Concentrate on more pressing IT operational needs because Talend Data Preparation Cloud is fully managed by Talend.
“We already had a positive experience with the Desktop version of Talend Data Preparation, which enabled our users to quickly explore, cleanse, and analyse large volumes of data. So, moving to the enterprise, cloud-based version made sense to scale our return,” said Xavier Diab, CIO, M2oCity. “We’ve since found the cloud-based version goes even further by broadening access to more internal and external data sources with increased compute power. The intuitive, user friend interface is the key attribute of this new application because it allows business experts to easily apply data to the heart of their daily activities with little training. Additionally, the cloud version enables data to be democratized, leveraged and shared across users and the organisation, augmenting its value.”
Accelerating Time-to-Insight 3X
Talend Data Preparation Cloud accelerates time-to-insight by improving access to information across three different dimensions: time needed to access information, time spent preparing data, and time spent in exchanges with IT on data sets.
· From a business user perspective, Talend Data Preparation Cloud:
o Shrinks the time needed to access a qualified dataset by making it accessible via web-based application, eliminating the need for multiple exchanges with IT
o Reduces the time it takes to prepare data for analysis thanks to an intuitive user interface with guided steps for cleansing, qualifying, etc.
· From an IT perspective, Talend Data Preparation Cloud:
o Optimises time-to-delivery by eliminating the back-and-forth design cycles between central IT and the business, which speeds project completion.
“Most companies know, at least anecdotally, that poor quality data wastes time, increases costs, weakens decision making, angers customers, and makes it more difficult to execute any sort of data strategy,” said Stewart Bond, research director for IDC’s Data Integration Software service. “To improve data quality, engage line-of-business workers in the data stewardship process, providing tools that can surface quality issues through to resolution. Integrated, accessible, trustworthy and protected data is helping companies find new routes to market, remain competitive and drive growth.”
The Fall ’17 release of Talend Integration Cloud also introduces new features to enhance the customer experience such as:
· Portal-based access to all role-based applications including Talend Data Preparation Cloud
· A new management console with improved user interface
· A Job Execution API with new and updated operations for starting and enumerating jobs
· Cloud-based version of Talend Studio Project Management and Project Authorisation using Source Control (Git) to help extend product capabilities to teams. To learn more about the full capabilities and benefits of the Fall ‘17 version of Talend Integration Cloud and Talend Data Preparation Cloud, customers can register for one of the live webinars, “New for Fall ’17: Data Preparation Cloud,” on Thursday, November 9 from either 11:30 am – 12:30 pm SGT ( https://info.talend.com/AP_Fall17_Webinar_Registration.html) or 02:30 – 03:30 pm AEDT (https://info.talend.com/AP_Fall17_Webinar_Registration.html). For additional insights on the impact the cloud and self-service data preparation can have on business performance, visit the Talend blog: https://www.talend.com/blog/> .
Talend (NASDAQ: TLND) is a next-generation leader in cloud and big data integration software that helps companies make data a strategic asset that provides realtime, organisation-wide insight into customers, partners, and operations. Through its open, adaptive, and unified integration platform, Talend delivers the data agility required for companies to rapidly adopt the latest technology innovations and scale to meet the constantly evolving demands of modern business. A leader in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools and Forrester Wave: Big Data Fabric Q4 2016, Talend’s solutions support over 1500 global enterprise customers including Air France, GE, and Lenovo, across a range of industries. For more information, please visit www.talend.com and follow us on Twitter: @Talend
 Gartner, “Market Guide for Self-Service Data Preparation,” Rita Salam, Paddy Forry, Ehtisham Zaidi, Shubhangi Vashisth, August 2016.
Email fraud is nothing new, but online criminals have become ever more-effective at spoofing their identities to trick employees into sending them money. The Australian Centre for Cyber Security (ACSC) recorded losses of over $20M to business email compromise (BEC) attacks last year alone, up 230 percent over the previous year – and the full amount is certain to be much larger.
Cybersecurity Insights - Attack
No matter how robust your security, or how diligent your employees, network credentials are a free pass for cybercriminals. This is mostly because employees are relied upon for their own password management. And with more than 4.8 billion sets of stolen credentials said to be available online, odds are that at least a few of your employees’ user IDs and passwords are just waiting to be used by unscrupulous outsiders. Are you ready to stop them?
Cybersecurity Insights - People
Cyber resilience will be particularly important as Australian organisations face increased pressure to quickly detect, respond to, and manage the repercussions of breaches in the wake of 2018’s Notifiable Data Breaches (NDB) scheme.