EMCWORLD 2011—LAS VEGAS—May 11, 2011— EMC Corporation today unveiled new versions of its EMC Ionix Unified Infrastructure Manager (UIM) software that simplifies and speeds management of cloud computing infrastructures built on the Virtual Computing Environment Company (VCE) Vblock Infrastructure Platforms. Vblock Platforms bring together best-of-breed technology from Cisco, EMC and VMware into a pre-packaged, pre-validated converged infrastructure.
• EMC Ionix UIM is unique purpose-built management software for the Vblock Platform, the industry’s first completely integrated offering for converged infrastructure and cloud computing. Ionix UIM simplifies the management and operations across multiple Vblock Platforms, supporting private, public and hybrid cloud environments.
• The new Ionix UIM/Provisioning 2.1 software is tightly aligned with VMware vCenter™, VMware vCenter Operations and VMware vCloud® Director cloud infrastructure and management solutions, and features support for the latest version of Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) manager software. This enables “single click” end-to-end Vblock resource provisioning that is 80% more efficient and 5 times faster than other methods. Also, an expanded API (application programming interface) enables provisioning operations to be initiated by external enterprise management systems.
• The new Ionix UIM/Operations 2.1 software helps to identify and resolve issues faster. Leveraging UIM/Provisioning’s in-depth information about Vblock configurations, UIM/Operations allows fast problem identification and resolution of any issues across compute, network and storage, helping IT organisations maximise service uptime and efficiency.
• Ionix UIM 2.1 also supports the new Vblock 300. Vblock Series 300 gives customers the choice of more scalability and automation of the data center operations, allowing simplified management of virtualisation and cloud environments for a quicker return on investment.
Supporting Quotes: “As a leading benefit-management company, 45 million patients rely on us to collaborate with their healthcare professionals. UIM will be a key part of our cloud infrastructure and we feel it can significantly simplify management, allowing our staff to focus more of their time on more strategic initiatives. This simplified management is a key benefit of Vblock and gives us the maximum flexibility, performance, availability and scalability to meet the demands of our business and more efficiently deliver healthcare services.” Bill Moore, Executive Vice President, Chief Technology Officer, CareCore National
“EMC’s Unified Infrastructure Manager supports VMware and EMC’s shared vision for delivering cloud-based IT services. Together with our other cloud infrastructure and management products such as VMware vCloud® Director and vCenter™ Operations, UIM’s policy-driven automation capabilities deliver the ‘Zero-Touch Infrastructure’ and ‘Automated Operations’ that help organisations reduce operating costs while providing a high-quality IT service to both internal and external clients.” Boaz Chalamish, Vice President and General Manager, Management, VMware
EMC Executive Quote “UIM simplifies management and frees up IT resources for more strategic initiatives. Now with the introduction of UIM/Operations and VMware vCenter integration, UIM delivers even greater capability to manage Vblock platforms that enable IT as a service and cloud infrastructures.” Jay Mastaj, Senior Vice President and General Manager, EMC Ionix
Availability: • EMC Ionix UIM Provisioning 2.1 is generally available.
• EMC Ionix UIM Operations 2.1 will be available this month.
Follow EMC World Online To track the latest EMC World 2011 happenings visit the EMC World Newsroom at www.emc.com/emcworld2011 .
For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow http://twitter.com/emcworld and http://twitter.com/emccorp.
About EMC EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world’s leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organisations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC’s products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
Increasing mandates around the security of personal data have made encryption for every business. Australian businesses are leading the world in the use of encryption to protect backups, payment-related data, and laptops – and yet they still have a long way to go before encryption is both ubiquitous and manageable.
If your last access-control update was even a few years ago, you’re probably more exposed to fraud and exploitation than you’d like to be.
It’s not hard to understand why bot management is critical to maintaining business availability and customer satisfaction – but do you know how to properly deal with bots?
Increasing use of encryption has created new challenges for enterprise security managers. Ever more-sophisticated encryption such as Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS) protects data and may even boost your Google ranking – but it also provides a haven for malicious code that may use encryption to bypass enterprise security controls.
Why nation-state attacks are everyone’s problem