Later this year, Symantec will formally split into two separate companies. Security will remain under the Symantec brand with storage and archiving spinning off under the Veritas brand.
Speaking recently with execs from both sides of the business, the two sides to this coin are already operating as separate entities but the formal split will be closed later this year. What does that mean for Symantec and Veritas customers?
Symantec has created a Transition Microsite, to provide customers with information.
Symantec says the separation will not change how customers order, renew, or get support for Symantec Information Security products.
“For these solutions, please continue to interact with your channel partner and Symantec as you always have”.
For Veritas Information Management products, there may be a need to make adjustments to your records and process in order to align with the Veritas businesses once the operational separation is completed. This is scheduled for October 2015.
Buying Program Changes for Veritas
Veritas will offer three primary customer Buying Programs for all products and services based on three segments: Corporate, Academic and Government. Customers will make purchases from the pricelist that applies to their business profile.
As part of operational separation, Veritas will have new separate ordering systems and processes. When ordering from Veritas, you can expect changes to the SKU structure and Buying Programs for Information Management, as well as changes to ordering and fulfillment processes. The Veritas invoice format and billing process will be enhanced. Direct-ordering customers can expect additional communications and training in the coming months based on the following approximate timelines:
- Details on Order to Cash policies and processes
- Ordering and Sales Support contact details
- Renewals Policies and Process details
- Mapping of Symantec-to- Veritas entity for purposes of post-Separation ordering
- Veritas Vendor Setup Form - without Banking & Remittance Details (we will supply you with our Vendor Setup Form pre-populated with the necessary details to enable you to establish Veritas as a vendor in your systems)
- Veritas Invoice Format Sample
- Veritas Vendor Setup Form - updated with Banking & Remittance Details
- Veritas Credit Card Merchant I.D. Confirmation
- Veritas Purchasing Email addresses
- Veritas Order Requirements
- Online learning aides
Early October 2015
Read more: Accuracy
- Final reminder about new process
- Banking & Remittance Detail Reminders