Decru Unveils Decru SecureView™ Management Framework for Enterprise-Wide Storage Security
- 17 April, 2007 13:27
<p>SecureView Simplifies Centralised Management of Encryption, Keys, and Policies</p>
<p>AUSTRALIA, Sydney — 17 April 2007—Decru, a NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) company, today unveiled the Decru® SecureView™ management framework to enable centralised management of encryption, keys, and policies across the enterprise. The SecureView framework is available on all Decru appliances, providing a secure, simplified interface to manage security for heterogeneous storage environments.</p>
<p>As enterprises have moved from piecemeal encryption to broader, enterprise-wide initiatives, the need for powerful unified management has emerged. The SecureView framework is available immediately to centralise control of Decru security and key management appliances, providing secure management of up to 1,000 devices from a single interface. Features include administrator management, role-based access controls (RBAC), configuration and patch management, rolling upgrades, performance and access monitoring, and centralised graphical user (GUI) and command-line interfaces (CLI) to enable the automation of operations across groups of appliances. SecureView uses cryptographic smart cards to enforce two-factor authentication for administrative access, and all cryptographic functions run inside secure hardware in Decru DataFort™ and Lifetime Key Management™ appliances.</p>
<p>“Most enterprises realise that their data security needs will only grow, and strong management for encryption, keys, and policies is a must-have,” said Michele Borovac, director of marketing at Decru. “Our customers tell us that centralised management is critical for deploying security across distributed environments, and the SecureView platform incorporates many of the best practices we’ve developed over the past years.”</p>
<p>The introduction of the SecureView platform highlights the ongoing innovation that makes Decru the leader in the storage security market. Other firsts include the following:</p>
<p>* Decru DataFort, introduced in 2002 as the first and only storage security platform to support the full range of heterogeneous enterprise storage, secures data in NAS, IP SAN, FC SAN, and tape backup environments.
* The Decru Lifetime Key Management system (LKM) was introduced in 2003 as the first key management system to support automated security for data at rest. LKM has been deployed to support DataFort appliances in over 35 countries.
* Decru was the first storage security vendor to penetrate critical markets including government, financial services, and telecommunications. Decru is trusted by government customers on 3 continents, 7 of the top 10 U.S. banks, and top 5 companies in the telecommunications, media, software, manufacturing, semiconductor design, pharmaceuticals, and energy sectors worldwide.
* NetApp and Decru were recently recognised as the #1 storage security provider for Fortune 1000 enterprises in a poll by TheInfoPro. (Source: TheInfoPro Information Security, Wave 8, February 2007)</p>
<p>Decru, a NetApp company, is the leader in storage security. Decru solutions enable enterprise-wide secure data management, and address critical business requirements including privacy, regulatory compliance, and intellectual property protection. Decru provides security solutions to many of the world's largest enterprise and government customers.</p>
<p>NetApp and the Network Appliance logo are registered trademarks and Network Appliance is a trademark of Network Appliance, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Decru and Decru DataFort are registered trademarks and Lifetime Key Management and SecureView are trademarks of Decru, a NetApp company.</p>
Director Marketing and Alliance
+61 2 9779 5623
+61 2 9954 3492
- Cyber attacks as likely as natural disasters, as devastating as ecosystem collapse: WEF
- Why cyber-security should be top priority for banks that want to rehabilitate their reputations
- Tis’ STILL the season to be phished!
- Security refresh teaches James Cook University the value of better visibility
- The week in security: 773 million reasons to improve your security