New Database Fragmentation Solution
- 23 November, 2006 10:50
<p>PRESS RELEASE: SQL Tools announces the new IDERA solution for SQL Server Index Defragmentation
For more detail contact Tony Finnemore on 02 9878 8090 or go to www.sqltools.com.au</p>
<p>SYDNEY NOVEMBER 24: “Fragmentation ranks as one of the major causes of poor database performance, especially in large SQL Server infrastructures where Australian enterprise DBAs often have to manage many hundreds of databases,” Tony Finnemore said today. “Idera’s SQL defrag manager is the only product of its kind that intelligently and safely automates the process of defragmentation to ensure the continued performance and availability of critical production SQL Servers across the enterprise.”</p>
<p>Mr. Finnemore is Managing Director of SQL Tools, the master distributor for Idera products and services in the Asia Pacific region.</p>
<p>Key features and benefits provided by SQL defrag manager include:</p>
<p>• Centralised Management - a management console providing a real-time window into fragmentation levels, and the ability to manage and control automated analysis and defragmentation activity across hundreds of servers and thousands of databases.
• Automated Analysis - automated detection, analysis and display of fragmentation ‘hot spots’, those areas where fragmentation is severely hindering performance.
• Intelligent Remediation - powerful automated analyses and intelligent heuristics determine the best-fit approach and schedule for defragmentation, ensuring an optimal result with the least impact possible on critical production servers.
• Continuous Improvement - a central repository containing historical fragmentation statistics enables SQL defrag manager to intelligently refine its approach using performance goals, workload characteristics, historical fragmentation statistics, prior pre/post defragmentation results, predicted defragmentation cost, risk analyses and real-world DBA experience.
• Comprehensive Reporting - comprehensive reporting of analysis and defragmentation activity provides both DBAs and managers with the information they need to ensure that database performance is continuously optimized.</p>
<p>“Idera’s SQL defrag manager provides database professionals with intelligent automated performance optimisation of tables and indexes for Microsoft’s SQL Server - the world's fastest growing database management system,” Mr. Finnemore said.</p>
<p>Idera’s SQL defrag manager V1.1 due for release in January 2007, was announced at this month’s Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) Community Summit in Seattle.</p>
<p>SQL Server Database Administrators attending the summit were introduced to the new tool from Idera that will enable organisations to significantly improve SQL Server database performance by continuously analysing fragmentation levels and automatically defragmenting indexes where performance has eroded.</p>
<p>The intelligence and automation built into SQL defrag manager will enable Database Administrators (DBAs) to implement a ‘set it and forget it’ approach to managing fragmentation on their production SQL Servers. SQL defrag manager automatically picks the best time to analyse fragmentation and the best approach to defragment based on user defined criteria and analyses of historical data stored in a central repository.</p>
<p>Pricing and Availability
SQL defrag manager will be available during Q1 2007 and is priced at AU$1,470 per SQL Server instance. For more information, please contact SQL Tools on +61 (0)2 9878 8090 for a live demonstration or email firstname.lastname@example.org</p>
Idera delivers a new generation of tools for proactively managing, administering, and securing the world's fastest growing database management system – Microsoft SQL Server. Battle-proven and engineered for distributed enterprises, Idera’s solutions help companies ensure database availability while also reducing tedious administrative tasks and expense. Idera’s solutions include: Security and Compliance Management, Performance and Availability Management, Backup and Recovery, and Change and Configuration Management. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Idera’s products are sold and supported directly and via authorized resellers and distributors around the globe.</p>
<p>SQL Tools provides Asia Pacific Idera users and Channel Partners local sales and technical support.</p>
<p>To learn more, please contact Idera’s Asia Pacific distributor SQL Tools at +61 (0)2 9878 8090 or visit www.sqltools.com.au</p>
<p>Idera and SQL defrag manager are trademarks of BBS Technologies Inc. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.</p>
- Microsoft's $25k AI challenge: predict which Windows PCs will be infected with malware
- Cloud-native and social media attacks to become major threat 2019 threat predictions
- The evolving threat landscape – What to look out for in 2019
- Hacked via Fridge: Do you really know what is on your networks?
- Security: what needs to change in 2019?