Fortinet ranked the fastest growing major security vendor by leading market research firm
- 19 September, 2006 10:22
<p>SUNNYVALE, Calif., September 18, 2006. Fortinet – the pioneer and leading provider of multi-threat security solutions – today announced that IDC research data confirms it is the fastest growing major security vendor across all appliance categories in the unified threat management (UTM) market and was number one for worldwide UTM revenue for Q2 2006, displacing previous revenue leader SonicWall.</p>
<p>Revenue Data in IDC’s Q2 2006 Worldwide Quarterly Security Appliance Tracker confirmed:
• Fortinet is the fastest growing major security vendor (companies with revenues above $20 million per quarter) across all categories that IDC measures in the security appliance market – UTM, IDP/IPS and VPN/firewall – growing at 17.97 percent quarter over quarter.
• Fortinet was the No. 1 vendor in the $100,000 to $249,000 UTM price band segment.
• Fortinet was also the No. 1 vendor in the enterprise UTM market ($25,000 to $49,000 price band segment), growing at more than 80.5 percent compared to Q1 2006.
• Fortinet was the fastest growing vendor in the $10,000 to $25,000 segment, growing nearly 90 percent compared to Q1 2006.
• Fortinet also maintains its leading position in UTM in Western Europe and Asia Pacific (including Japan), based on strong revenues and success in all market segments.</p>
<p>“The enterprise and high-end markets continue to be sweet spots for Fortinet, as our growth as shown, due to the increasing demand for integrated security solutions by large enterprises, MSSPs and carriers,” said Ken Xie, founder and CEO of Fortinet. “Our unique offering is the only one that can provide a complete multi-threat security platform that addresses the full spectrum of security challenges for all-sized companies.”</p>
<p>IDC defines UTM security appliance products as those that integrate multiple security features within one device, including network firewalling, network intrusion detection and prevention (IDP), and gateway anti-virus. Fortinet takes UTM further through its family of award-winning FortiGate™ multi-threat security systems that integrate eight essential security applications and services - including firewall, antivirus, virtual private network (VPN), intrusion prevention (IPS), anti-spam, Web content filtering and traffic shaping – that can be deployed individually, or combined as a UTM solution.</p>
<p>For more information on Fortinet solutions, please visit: www.fortinet.com/products.</p>
<p>About Fortinet (www.fortinet.com)
Fortinet is the pioneer and leading provider of ASIC-accelerated multi-threat security systems, which are used by enterprises and service providers to increase their security while reducing total operating costs. Fortinet solutions were built from the ground up to integrate multiple levels of security protection--including firewall, antivirus, intrusion prevention, VPN, spyware prevention and anti-spam--providing customers a way to protect multiple threats as well as blended threats. Leveraging a custom ASIC and unified interface, Fortinet solutions offer advanced security functionality that scales from remote office to chassis-based solutions with integrated management and reporting. Fortinet solutions have won multiple awards around the world and are the only security products that are certified eight times over by the ICSA (firewall, antivirus, IPSec, SSL, IDS, client antivirus detection, cleaning and anti-spyware). Fortinet is privately held and based in Sunnyvale, California.</p>
<p>For more information</p>
- 10 Most Urgent Cybersecurity Issues in 2019
- Australia releases advice to counter ‘foreign interference’ after university cyber attacks
- When moving to cloud, don’t lift-and-shift your security techniques
- Five Eyes intelligence alliance commits to securing the Internet of Things with Industry
- National Hackathon Challenge Brings Together Cybersecurity Professionals, Developers and Students to Target Cyberthreats