Fortinet Australia experiences growth & success in 2005
- 28 February, 2006 15:23
<p>SYDNEY, Feb.28, 2006 – Fortinet – the pioneer and market leader in Unified Threat Management and only provider of ASIC-accelerated, network-based multi-threat security systems for real-time network protection – today announced record worldwide growth for the year ended December 31, 2005, confirming its position as the largest and fastest-growing private network security company.</p>
<p>In 2005, total shipments of Fortinet’s FortiGate, FortiManager, FortiMail, and FortiAnalyzer appliances were in excess of $US100 million, an increase of almost 60 percent over the previous year. Fortinet also saw strong growth in its FortiGuard subscription services, with services revenue now representing over 30 per cent of the company’s total revenues. The company also continued to be cash-flow positive.</p>
<p>Fortinet won a number of key enterprise, service provider and telecommunication carrier accounts in 2005, which drove sales of its high-end ACTA-based FortiGate-5000 Series systems. Key wins included numerous significant deals with financial, government, education, healthcare and retail customers.</p>
<p>In Australia, key wins include a million dollar deal with a leading telecommunications company, a multi-country deal with Altium Ltd, and security for the 12 island campuses of a university. In addition, state government departments, a major real estate group and one of Australia’s four biggest banks are among new accounts recently won.</p>
<p>“With the delivery of many new products and services, 2005 has been a very successful year for Fortinet. We expect to widen our lead over competitors and continue to capture share in key markets such as Australia and New Zealand,” said Hansen Chang, Vice President of Asia Pacific.</p>
<p>Adding to its already impressive portfolio of awards and technology certifications, Fortinet’s growth, strong market demand and innovative market-leading technologies garnered the company the following honours during 2005:</p>
<p>• Named worldwide unified threat management (UTM) market leader for the second year in a row, according to analyst firm International Data Corp. In its most recent research data for the third quarter of 2005, IDC also confirmed Fortinet as the fastest-growing vendor in the security appliance market, leader in worldwide unit shipments for high-end Unified Threat Management (UTM) devices (priced between $50,000 and $100,000) and the vendor with the highest revenue growth in high-end UTM worldwide market.
• Ranked #4 on Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal’s “Fast 50” Private Companies list
• Named an AlwaysOn “Top 100” Private Company
• Named an Entreprenuer “Hot 100” fastest-growing new business in America
• Achieved “NSS Approved” for UTM, passing rigorous testing of its firewall, antivirus, intrusion prevention (IPS), Web filtering, VPN and anti-spam applications.
• Achieved ICSA certifications for Antivirus Cleaning, Desktop Antivirus Detection, and Desktop Anti-Spyware. Fortinet now has a total of eight ICSA certifications -- more than any vendor in the industry.
• Obtained Virus Bulletin (VB) 100% certification for its FortiClient Host Security software.
• Fortinet Founder and CEO Ken Xie named a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum and also featured in Time Magazine.</p>
<p>About Fortinet (www.fortinet.com)
Fortinet is the confirmed leader of the Unified Threat Management security appliance market. The company's award-winning FortiGate™ series of ASIC-accelerated multi-threat security appliances, winner of the Security Product of the Year Award from Network Computing magazine and the Networking Industry Awards Firewall Product of the Year, are the new generation of real-time network protection systems. They detect and eliminate the most damaging, content-based threats from e-mail and Web traffic such as viruses, worms, intrusions, inappropriate Web content and more in real time - without degrading network performance.</p>
<p>Fortinet's solutions are the only security products that are certified eight times over by the ICSA (firewall, antivirus, IPSec, SSL, IDS, client antivirus detection and cleaning and client anti-spyware), and deliver a full range of network-level and application-level services in integrated, easily managed platforms. Named a Light Reading Top 10 Private Company and #4 on Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal’s “Fast 50” list, Fortinet is privately held and based in Sunnyvale, California.</p>
<p>Yvonne Cheong David Frost
Fortinet PR Deadlines
(65) 6838 5226 (02) 4341 5021
- Got a Drupal or WordPress site? It's time to update
- Melbourne hospital’s ransomware strike a reminder on malware's danger to your (data) health
- Microsoft to give 12 countries free AccountGuard security service after Fancy Bear political hacking
- Executives’ dismissive cybersecurity attitudes set the stage for Toyota, Cabrini, Parliament, and other breaches
- New cybersecurity curriculum designed to pique school students’ interest early