Continuous updates give real-time protection as Fortinet delivers four expanded FortiGuard Subscription Services
- 15 June, 2005 09:25
<p>SYDNEY, June 15, 2005 – Fortinet – the pioneer and market leader in Unified Threat Management and only provider of ASIC-accelerated, network-based antivirus firewall systems for real-time network protection – today announced enhanced subscription services for customers to deploy on FortiGate™ and FortiMail™ systems.</p>
<p>The FortiGuard™ Security Subscription Services are a family of four complementary services that keep Fortinet systems up-to-date and safe from unwanted and malicious network traffic through continuous and automatic "push" updates that ensure protection against the latest viruses, worms, Trojans, Spyware and other threats – without required network administrative time or oversight.</p>
<p>Under the expanded FortiGuard Subscription Service portfolio, Fortinet delivers customers the following services to help create a comprehensive network security platform:</p>
<p>• FortiGuard Antivirus: This automated antivirus and spyware signature and detection engine provides updates, including a complete Wild List database with over 4,500 network threats and full heuristic engine updates for suspicious traffic.
• FortiGuard Intrusion Prevention System (IPS): This automated intrusion attack signature and detection engine provides network intrusion updates, including over 1,400 signatures and market leading anomaly, deep packet inspection, content inspection and network activity inspection technology.
• FortiGuard Web Filtering: This fully-managed Web content filtering service provides a comprehensive URL ratings database with over 30 million domains, two billion Web pages and 56 user-selectable content categories to keep users safe from offensive content.
• FortiGuard Antispam: This fully-managed anti-spam filtering service integrates with Fortinet’s FortiGate and FortiMail systems to reduce spam content at the network perimeter before it hits mail servers, thereby maximising network traffic performance. The service has been enhanced to include a constantly updated Real-time Blackhole List (RBL) of known spam origins as well as in-depth email screening based on a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) contained within the message body – this is commonly known as Spam URI Realtime Blackhole Lists (SURBLs).</p>
<p>Complementing Foritnet’s systems and FortiGuard subscription services are FortiCare support services that maximise product reliability and customer network performance. FortiCare support services include technical support via phone or online, FortiOS firmware updates and upgrades and extended hardware and online support. Fortinet offers two levels of FortiCare support services to meet customers’ individual support needs: 8x5 support and 24x7 support, which includes next business day FortiGate and FortiMail system hardware warranty replacement.</p>
<p>Fortinet's FortiGate systems are ASIC-accelerated network security platforms designed to deliver a full-suite of integrated security applications in real-time -- including antivirus, firewall, VPN, intrusion prevention, content filtering, anti-spam and traffic shaping. The FortiGate family of systems spans the full range of network environments -- including all-sized businesses from small offices to large enterprises, managed security service providers (MSSPs) and carriers -- and offers cost-effective systems for a best in class suite of ICSA-certified applications.</p>
<p>The FortiMail system is a dedicated secure messaging platform based on Fortinet's award winning FortiOS firmware and includes an antivirus detection engine for virus and spyware protection and complete email scanning. FortiMail systems use advanced spam detection and filtering methods in addition to the FortiGuard Antispam subscription services, access policy filtering, content filtering, global and user black/white list filtering, spam Real-time Blackhole List (RBL), per user Bayesian filtering so individual users can set their own profiles, heuristics filtering and denial-of-service. IDC Research estimates that spam represents 38 percent of all email sent on an average day in North America in 2004, up from 24 percent in 2002.</p>
<p>“Fortinet’s family of FortiGuard subscription services allows us to address the ‘always changing’ security needs of our thousands of customers whose networks span from large enterprises, carriers and ISPs to smaller businesses,” said Ben Teh, ANZ Manager for Fortinet. “FortiGuard subscription services are based on Fortinet’s market leading security technology and integrate seamlessly with Fortinet’s security appliances to create a comprehensive network security platform that uniquely addresses an evolving and sophisticated network threat environment.”</p>
<p>Distribution and availability</p>
<p>Newly updated FortiGuard subscription services are available immediately. Pricing for the FortiGuard subscription services are based upon the cost of the individual FortiGate or FortiMail platforms, and offer an attractive per-box licensing model that saves cost and management time for customers over competitors’ per user licensing.</p>
<p>For more information on Fortinet’s FortiGuard subscription services, please visit: http://www.fortinet.com/products/fortiguard.html</p>
<p>About Fortinet (www.fortinet.com)</p>
<p>Fortinet is the pioneer and leader of the Unified Threat Management market. The company's award-winning FortiGate™ series of ASIC-accelerated antivirus firewalls, winner of the 2004 Security Product of the Year Award from Network Computing Magazine and the 2003 Networking Industry Awards Firewall Product of the Year, are the new generation of real-time network protection systems. They detect and eliminate the most damaging, content-based threats from e-mail and Web traffic such as viruses, worms, intrusions, inappropriate Web content and more in real time – without degrading network performance. FortiGate systems are the only security products that are certified by the ICSA (antivirus, firewall, IPSec, SSL), and deliver a full range of network-level and application-level services in integrated, easily managed platforms. Named to the Red Herring Top 100 Private Companies, Fortinet is privately held and based in Sunnyvale, California.</p>
<p># # #</p>
<p>For more information</p>
<p>Yvonne Cheong, Fortinet
<p>David Frost, PR Deadlines Pty Ltd
- Google Home and Amazon Echo are patched, but how many more IoT devices are vulnerable?
- Industrial IoT explosion is making Australian CSOs “anxious” as IoT-security investments lag world
- Despite rising risk awareness, SecDevOps still too little, too late for most Australian companies
- KRACK Attack: Are You Vulnerable?
- Is fake news dangerous? Security pros say yes