MessageLabs and Dimension Data team up to deliver Secure Messaging Services to businesses in Australia
- 27 April, 2005 15:12
<p>Sydney, 27 April 2005 - MessageLabs, the leading provider of email security and management services to businesses, and Dimension Data, today announced a partnership to deliver a comprehensive suite of managed email security services to businesses in Australia.</p>
<p>Under the agreement, Dimension Data plans to offer MessageLabs’ full range of managed email security services to Australian customers, which provide protection from viruses, spam, pornography and other unwanted content. When delivered in combination with Dimension Data’s leading industry expertise, businesses will have a comprehensive solution for the protection of confidential corporate information, network assets and email communications.</p>
<p>Keeping up with today’s new and emerging email threats, as well as the latest regulatory compliance requirements, is a huge challenge for organisations and demands continuous investment in hardware, software and internal resources.</p>
<p>“Email is a heavily contested battlefield as it is a focal point for the delivery of malicious code, such as viruses, worms and trojans, the commission of widespread fraud, including phishing and confidence scams as well as spam, which, at best, is a time-wasting distraction,” said Neil Campbell, national security practice manager for Dimension Data. “By integrating MessageLabs’ services with Dimension Data’s existing services and expertise, we can provide our customers with further options to seamlessly achieve compliance with government and industry regulations, protect confidential corporate information and secure email communications.”</p>
<p>Both MessageLabs and Dimension Data invest in the latest technology and expertise on behalf of businesses in Australia to ensure the latest protection is in place at all times, rather than them having the effort and expense of doing it themselves.</p>
<p>“Enterprises are under an unprecedented amount of pressure to secure their data, and the communication channels around it, not only from the increasing level of threats, but also from regulatory and legislative pressures,” says Andy Lake, director of Partners, MessageLabs Asia Pacific. “A managed service can free up in-house IT resources, increase employee productivity and enhance the efficiency and operability of email systems by combating the threats that place them at risk. This in turn can raise network utilisation levels through reduced email volumes and less demand on Internet bandwidth.”</p>
<p>Combined with MessageLabs’ services, Dimension Data’s managed security solutions enable enterprises to enforce email security policies relating to the use and misuse of email communications, giving them an audit path through a central management console.</p>
<p>Dimension Data’s managed email security services, powered by MessageLabs, include:</p>
<p>• Anti-Spam – Features a multi-layered approach – including MessageLabs Skeptic™ Anti-Spam predictive technology, industry-leading third party technology and additional layers of detection techniques - designed to stop all spam before it reaches corporate networks while ensuring that businesses receive legitimate email.
• Anti-Virus – Combats known and unknown viruses before they reach corporate networks. Using multiple scanners and MessageLabs’ Skeptic predictive technology, it provides organisations with protection before signatures are available.
• Content Control - Enables enterprises to identify and control confidential, malicious, or inappropriate content sent or received by employees, such as offensive language, harassment or confidential company information. It offers a solution to preserve the confidentiality and security of data, reduce legal liability and ensure regulatory compliance.
• Image Control – Scans and detects inappropriate images in attachments such as pornography or other unwanted images. Image Control goes beyond the flesh tone analysis of standard filters, using image composition analysis to provide accurate detection of such images.
• Boundary Encryption - Provides a secure private email network (SPEN) for customers to communicate with designated partners using SMTP over Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption, without the need for desktop encryption tools. This guarantees the privacy and integrity of electronic communications between corporate mail servers.</p>
<p>Delivered at the Internet-level, this suite of managed email security and management services provides a complete managed email security solution, without the hassle, inconvenience or additional cost of traditional software or hardware solutions. These services ensure the integrity of electronic communications, helping businesses to manage and reduce risk while securing their critical infrastructure and business information.</p>
MessageLabs is the world's leading provider of email security and management services with more than 600 channel partners, 10,000 clients and offices in eight countries. For more information, please visit http://www.messagelabs.com</p>
<p>About Dimension Data
Dimension Data plc (LSE:DDT), a specialist IT services and solution provider, helps clients plan, build and support their IT infrastructures. Dimension Data applies its expertise in networking, security, operating environments, storage and contact centre technologies and its unique skills in consulting, integration and managed services to create customised client solutions.</p>
<p>For more information</p>
<p>Joe Lombardo, MessageLabs (02) 8202 7100</p>
<p>Martin Aungle, Dimension Data (02) 8249 5502</p>
- Dell, Lenovo, HP will patch hundreds of devices affected by Intel's buggy embedded CPU
- As unencrypted data becomes “negligence”, business leaders are taking encryption strategy away from IT
- Fake Symantec blog spreads macOS malware
- A look at 2017’s most dangerous ransomware attacks
- Sitting ducks for cybersecurity breaches, small businesses get new options