2013 Security Predictions: What Should Small and Medium Businesses (SMB) Look Out For?
- — Jan. 18, 2013, 9:58 p.m.
In 2012 small businesses globally were making the shift towards cloud-based applications and smart mobile devices, impacting the way they do business. These trends towards greater consumerization of IT and cloud adoption look likely to continue and pick up momentum in 2013. Our experts here at Trend Micro have looked at these changes through the [...]Read the full article
Sign up now »
Incident handling is a vast topic, but here are a few tips for you to consider in your incident response. I hope you never have to use them, but the odds are at some point you will and I hope being ready saves you pain (or your job!).
- Have an incident response plan.
- Pre-define your incident response team
- Define your approach: watch and learn or contain and recover.
- Pre-distribute call cards.
- Forensic and incident response data capture.
- Get your users on-side.
- Know how to report crimes and engage law enforcement.
- Practice makes perfect.
I’m dating myself, but I remember when holiday shopping involved pouring through ads in the Sunday paper, placing actual phone calls from tethered land lines to research product stock and availability, and actually driving places to pick things up. Now, holiday shoppers can do all of that from a smartphone or tablet in a few seconds, but there are some security pitfalls to be aware of.