- German researchers hack Galaxy S5 fingerprint login
- Today's Approach to Security is Broken
- JP Morgan to invest £150 million on boosting cyber security
- Financial services firms to increase cyber security budgets this year, PwC claims
- Google introduces Chrome 'factory reset' pop-ups to tackle extensions hijacks
While the scope and power of the Italian Mafia fades in the United States, it is still a pervasive force throughout many part of southern Italy. In fact, the problem of organized crime in Italy is seen by many as both a root cause and exacerbater of that nation's economic woes.
Two encrypted communication service providers are turning to you for help in building the next-generation of secure email services. Lavabit founder Ladar Levison and Silent Circle recently began a Kickstarter initiative to help fund the development and roll out of the first Dark Mail clients.
Secure email provider Lavabit is coming back from the dead for a brief time to give users a chance to recover their data, after abruptly shutting its doors in August to protest what the company considered intrusive data requests from the U.S. government.
What's your worst nightmare about your own cybersecurity? How about being contacted by a stranger who proves he has nude photos of you taken on your own PC without your knowledge or consent?
BitTorrent, the company, continues its push to prove that the BitTorrent, the protocol , isn't just for online piracy anymore. The company's latest product tease is a new instant messaging service predictably dubbed BitTorrent Chat.
Sign up now »
Incident handling is a vast topic, but here are a few tips for you to consider in your incident response. I hope you never have to use them, but the odds are at some point you will and I hope being ready saves you pain (or your job!).
- Have an incident response plan.
- Pre-define your incident response team
- Define your approach: watch and learn or contain and recover.
- Pre-distribute call cards.
- Forensic and incident response data capture.
- Get your users on-side.
- Know how to report crimes and engage law enforcement.
- Practice makes perfect.
I’m dating myself, but I remember when holiday shopping involved pouring through ads in the Sunday paper, placing actual phone calls from tethered land lines to research product stock and availability, and actually driving places to pick things up. Now, holiday shoppers can do all of that from a smartphone or tablet in a few seconds, but there are some security pitfalls to be aware of.