- German researchers hack Galaxy S5 fingerprint login
- Today's Approach to Security is Broken
- JP Morgan to invest £150 million on boosting cyber security
- Financial services firms to increase cyber security budgets this year, PwC claims
- Google introduces Chrome 'factory reset' pop-ups to tackle extensions hijacks
Pro-Russian hacktivists claimed credit for attacks on several NATO websites on the eve of Sunday's controversial referendum in Crimea to determine whether the territory secedes from Ukraine.
The mysterious ‘Uroburos' cyberweapon named last week in Germany has been stalking its victims since as far back as 2005 and large enterprises and governments need to pay urgent attention to the threat it poses, UK security firm BAE Systems has urged.
New report details cyberwar rules, puts hackers in crosshairs
High-profile hacker group LulzSec is claiming that the technology editor of UK newspaper The Guardian has been leaking information to them.
The Cold War between the USA and Russia may have ended two decades ago but a new frosty conflict between America and China together with North Korea has emerged on the digital frontier, according to McAfee’s US chief security officer.
Sign up now »
Incident handling is a vast topic, but here are a few tips for you to consider in your incident response. I hope you never have to use them, but the odds are at some point you will and I hope being ready saves you pain (or your job!).
- Have an incident response plan.
- Pre-define your incident response team
- Define your approach: watch and learn or contain and recover.
- Pre-distribute call cards.
- Forensic and incident response data capture.
- Get your users on-side.
- Know how to report crimes and engage law enforcement.
- Practice makes perfect.
I’m dating myself, but I remember when holiday shopping involved pouring through ads in the Sunday paper, placing actual phone calls from tethered land lines to research product stock and availability, and actually driving places to pick things up. Now, holiday shoppers can do all of that from a smartphone or tablet in a few seconds, but there are some security pitfalls to be aware of.