- Botnet snatches 2 million logins for Facebook, ADP payroll processor and other sites
- Web proxy app becomes Bitcoin mining trojan
- Week in review: Great Bitcoin Robbery highlights shopping-season security risks
- Fake-police ransomware reaches Australia
- Retailers tracking customers via Wi-Fi suggests that privacy really is dead
Ease-of-use in the Moto X, such as always-ready microphone for voice actions, likely to tickle consumers -- but haunts security pros
Electronic tattoos and pills that make the body itself a password would create their own unique challenges, security experts warn
Google-owned Motorola has some big plans for replacing your online and device passwords that include taking a pill every morning and wearing a tattoo on your arm. The two experimental prototypes were showcased during the D11 technology conference by Motorola's head of advanced technology and projects group, Regina Dugan. Both concepts are meant as alternatives to using passwords, passcodes, picture passwords, and two-factor authentication as a means to access your smartphone, tablet, car, and even your front door.
Whether you're buying or selling hardware and software, or acting as systems integrator, the new supply-chain security standard put forward by the Open Group in April could end up having a huge impact on you. Here are a few frequently asked questions that explain why.
Mobile-device management software firm BoxTone says Google has transferred the license for the 3LM technology used to provide Android-based security capabilities to it under an arrangement in which BoxTone is given exclusive rights to 3LM features development.
Sign up now »
Reduce complexity and increase trust for public cloud service providers and their customers.
Incident handling is a vast topic, but here are a few tips for you to consider in your incident response. I hope you never have to use them, but the odds are at some point you will and I hope being ready saves you pain (or your job!).
- Have an incident response plan.
- Pre-define your incident response team
- Define your approach: watch and learn or contain and recover.
- Pre-distribute call cards.
- Forensic and incident response data capture.
- Get your users on-side.
- Know how to report crimes and engage law enforcement.
- Practice makes perfect.
I’m dating myself, but I remember when holiday shopping involved pouring through ads in the Sunday paper, placing actual phone calls from tethered land lines to research product stock and availability, and actually driving places to pick things up. Now, holiday shoppers can do all of that from a smartphone or tablet in a few seconds, but there are some security pitfalls to be aware of.