- German researchers hack Galaxy S5 fingerprint login
- Today's Approach to Security is Broken
- JP Morgan to invest £150 million on boosting cyber security
- Financial services firms to increase cyber security budgets this year, PwC claims
- Google introduces Chrome 'factory reset' pop-ups to tackle extensions hijacks
An analysis of satellite communication gear from more than a half-dozen major manufacturers has uncovered critical vulnerabilities that could be exploited to disrupt military operations and ship and aircraft communications.
Despite some deficiencies, the sharing fundamentals are sound, though
Experts criticize government's threat sharing, noting it wants the private sector to be generous but it's stingy with the private sector
Intelligence not the only part of government that has struggled. Senate has not moved on legislation to back President's order on cybersecurity
Expert says breach aimed at collecting 'vulnerability and targeting data' for attacks, but another says simple engineering espionage more likely
Sign up now »
Protect resources and ensure security compliance through incident detection, response, and remediation.
Incident handling is a vast topic, but here are a few tips for you to consider in your incident response. I hope you never have to use them, but the odds are at some point you will and I hope being ready saves you pain (or your job!).
- Have an incident response plan.
- Pre-define your incident response team
- Define your approach: watch and learn or contain and recover.
- Pre-distribute call cards.
- Forensic and incident response data capture.
- Get your users on-side.
- Know how to report crimes and engage law enforcement.
- Practice makes perfect.
I’m dating myself, but I remember when holiday shopping involved pouring through ads in the Sunday paper, placing actual phone calls from tethered land lines to research product stock and availability, and actually driving places to pick things up. Now, holiday shoppers can do all of that from a smartphone or tablet in a few seconds, but there are some security pitfalls to be aware of.