- 14 January 2013 08:57
Kroll Ontrack Advances The Practice of Data Wiping with the Launch of Ontrack Eraser 4.0
Kroll Ontrack, the leading provider of data recovery, ediscovery and information management has announced the launch of Ontrack® Eraser 4.0, a feature-rich enterprise data eraser solution, complete with expanded drive wiping capacity, VMware® eraser capabilities and new reporting and security management functionality.
“A 2012 Internet Security Threat Report¹ revealed that 234 million identities were exposed in 2011 because of breaches, reiterating the importance of effective, secure data wiping,” said Abhik Mitra, product manager, Kroll Ontrack. “Whether you are a corporation that needs to recycle a large number of drives that are end-of-life or re-deploy a set of machines, Ontrack Eraser 4.0 can handle the specifications of your environment and the scope of your job – all while ensuring proper protocol is being maintained.”
Specific features and functionality of Ontrack Eraser 4.0 include:
· VMware Drive Wiping Capabilities: The ability to delete data from VMware machines, ensuring corporations are securely deleting data from their virtual environments and therefore addressing the complete scope of their IT environment.
· Enhanced System Performance: The enhanced capacity to perform over 200 concurrent device erasures to ensure the largest enterprise jobs are handled efficiently.
· Enhanced System Reporting: New reports that denote the hard drive make, serial number and model number, as well as the wipe algorithm applied to accomplish the job, providing corporations with the appropriate records for recycling centers and compliance requests.
· Security and Central Management Capabilities: New system authentication functionality to validate the erasure is conducted in the correct manner by the appropriate individual.
Data wiping is fundamental to complying with laws and regulations regarding data retention and privacy and reducing the risk of security breaches. The advanced capabilities of Ontrack Eraser 4.0 enable enterprises to build a fully automated, efficient and cost-effective wipe process for a large number of devices. In addition to the enterprise software, Kroll Ontrack also has a mobile erasure service to help corporations address their erasure needs and meet their compliance and security requirements.
For more information about Ontrack Eraser 4.0, visit http://www.krollontrack.com/information-management/data-erasure-solutions
About Kroll Ontrack Inc.
Kroll Ontrack provides technology-driven services and software to help legal, corporate and government entities as well as consumers manage, recover, backup, search, analyse, produce and present data efficiently and cost-effectively. In addition to its award-winning suite of software, Kroll Ontrack provides data recovery, data backup, data destruction, electronic discovery and document review. Kroll Ontrack is a subsidiary of Altegrity, an industry-leading provider of information solutions. For more information about Kroll Ontrack and its offerings please visit: visit: http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.com.au
Sign up now »
Clearswift SECURE Email Gateway is an effective and resilient email gateway for 50 to 50,000 users.
Incident handling is a vast topic, but here are a few tips for you to consider in your incident response. I hope you never have to use them, but the odds are at some point you will and I hope being ready saves you pain (or your job!).
- Have an incident response plan.
- Pre-define your incident response team
- Define your approach: watch and learn or contain and recover.
- Pre-distribute call cards.
- Forensic and incident response data capture.
- Get your users on-side.
- Know how to report crimes and engage law enforcement.
- Practice makes perfect.
I’m dating myself, but I remember when holiday shopping involved pouring through ads in the Sunday paper, placing actual phone calls from tethered land lines to research product stock and availability, and actually driving places to pick things up. Now, holiday shoppers can do all of that from a smartphone or tablet in a few seconds, but there are some security pitfalls to be aware of.