SYDNEY, Dec. 4, 2012. Silver Peak Systems, the leader in accelerating data over distance, today announced the availability of its Virtual Acceleration Open Architecture (VXOA) release 6.0.
The new software release delivers record performance improvements to all Silver Peak physical and virtual products, and includes new features that enable virtualisation, storage and networking professionals to quickly and easily accelerate their business-critical workloads over the wide area network (WAN).
Record virtual performance and usability for network administrators
Silver Peak VXOA helps network administrators improve application performance over the WAN by solving common capacity, distance and quality issues. With release 6.0, Silver Peak extends its lead over the competition by offering the highest-performing (>10 Gbps) and most cost-effective WAN acceleration software. Silver Peak VXOA 6.0 now includes:
• Expanded hypervisor performance—With VXOA 6.0, Silver Peak extends its virtual performance leadership with multi-gigabit WAN acceleration on all common hypervisors, including VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, and KVM. All of Silver Peak’s virtual products are available for free self-service trials from Silver Peak’s virtual marketplace.
Enhanced replication acceleration for storage administrators
Silver Peak’s VXOA software makes replication over distance easy and affordable, enabling storage administrators to meet stringent recovery point objectives (RPO). Silver Peak VXOA 6.0 augments this with the following new enhancements:
• Jumbo frame acceleration—Jumbo frames (e.g. frames up to 9,000 bytes) are commonly used for high-performance data replication, packing more data into a single package to reduce network overhead and compute cycles. Silver Peak is the first WAN acceleration solution to support jumbo frames over standard 1,500-byte WANs, enabling replication solutions to achieve 50% higher throughput.
• 20x faster replication in 20 minutes—With Silver Peak’s Velocity solution, NetApp SnapMirror, Dell Compellent, and Dell EqualLogic customers can leverage VXOA to achieve 20x faster average offsite replication. Silver Peak VXOA can be deployed in under 20 minutes with no networking expertise required using Silver Peak’s unique storage-based forwarding model. Silver Peak will extend these capabilities to cover additional replication solutions from EMC, Hitachi Data Systems and others in the coming months.
Simplified deployment options for virtualisation administrators
Silver Peak VXOA brings workload acceleration to virtualisation professionals by using simplified deployment models and advanced software-defined acceleration (SDA) techniques. Silver Peak VXOA 6.0 delivers the following new enhancements:
• Agility plug-In for Citrix XenCenter—Silver Peak delivers the first point-and-click solution for accelerating virtual workloads directly from Citrix XenCenter. This puts unprecedented control in the hands of virtualisation administrators managing Citrix XenServer environments, enabling them to maximize the performance of individual workloads in an easy and highly-efficient manner. (In August 2012, Silver Peak demonstrated the first plug-in for VMware vCenter).
• Amazon Web Services marketplace—Silver Peak is simplifying the acceleration of data and applications provisioned to the Amazon Web Services public cloud. With Silver Peak VXOA 6.0, application administrators can quickly and easily deploy a Silver Peak virtual machine within the Amazon cloud, complementing an existing Silver Peak data center or branch office deployment.
Web GMS delivers visibility into application performance from any device
Silver Peak has re-architected its Global Management System (GMS) based on HTML5. This delivers intuitive, drag-and-drop WAN visibility from nearly any device, including Apple iPads, iPhones, Android phones and tablets, and Windows 8 systems. Silver Peak Web GMS is a single, centralized source for monitoring a Silver Peak-enabled WAN. This includes easy-to-use dashboards that can automatically resize and re-order to fit any size screen. Silver Peak Web GMS provides essential real-time information, such as bandwidth utilization, network quality, device status, and over a hundred other data points.
Silver Peak VXOA 6.0 is available today from Silver Peak and its global network of channel partners. Existing customers with a current support contract can upgrade to the current version the Silver Peak VXOA software. All of Silver Peak’s software products are available for free self-service trials at www.silver-peak.com/marketplace.
About Silver Peak Systems
Silver Peak software accelerates data between data centers, branch offices and the cloud. The company’s software-defined acceleration solves network quality, capacity and distance challenges to provide fast and reliable access to data anywhere in the world. Leveraging its leadership in data center class wide area network (WAN) optimization, Silver Peak is a key enabler for strategic IT projects like virtualisation, big data and disaster recovery. Download Silver Peak software today at silver-peak.com/marketplace. Note: Silver Peak Systems, the Silver Peak logo, and Silver Peak VXOA are all trademarks of Silver Peak Systems, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
David Frost PR Deadlines, for Silver Peak Systems, Inc. +61.2.4341 5021 firstname.lastname@example.org
Speakers: - Paul O’Connor, Engagement leader - Performance Audit Group, Victorian Auditor-General’s Office (VAGO) - Nigel Phair, Managing Director, Centre for Internet Safety - Joshua Stenhouse, Technical Evangelist, Zerto - Anthony Caruana, CSO MC & Moderator
Speakers: David Lacey, Researcher and former CISO Royal Mail David Turner - Global Risk Management Expert Mark Guntrip - Group Manager, Email Protection, Proofpoint
Speakers • Ty Miller, Director, Threat Intelligence • Mark Gregory, Leader, Network Engineering Research Group, RMIT • Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA) • Andy Solterbeck, VP Asia Pacific, Cylance • David Braue, CSO MC/Moderator What to expect: Hear from industry experts on the local and global ransomware threat landscape. Explore a new approach to dealing with ransomware using machine-learning techniques and by thinking about the problem in a fundamentally different way. Apply techniques for gathering insight into ransomware behaviour and find out what elements must go into a truly effective ransomware defence. Get a first-hand look at how ransomware actually works in practice, and how machine-learning techniques can pick up on its activities long before your employees do.
Speakers: • Anthony Caruana – CSO MC and moderator • Ian Farquhar, Worldwide Virtual Security Team Lead, Gigamon • John Lindsay, Former CTO, iiNet • Skeeve Stevens, Futurist, Future Sumo • David Vaile - Vice chair of APF, Co-Convenor of the Cyberspace Law And Policy Community, UNSW Law Faculty This webinar covers: - A 101 on metadata - what it is and how to use it - Insight into a typical attack, what happens and what we would find when looking into the metadata - How to collect metadata, use this to detect attacks and get greater insight into how you can use this to protect your organisation - Learn how much raw data and metadata to retain and how long for - Get a reality check on how you're using your metadata and if this is enough to secure your organisation
CSO Webinar: How banking trojans work and how you can stop them Featuring: • John Baird, Director of Global Technology Production, Deutsche Bank • Samantha Macleod, GM Cyber Security, ME Bank • Sherrod DeGrippo, Director of Emerging Threats, Proofpoint (USA)