- 30 July 2012 10:08
McAfee ANZ Announces Channel Partners of the Year, New Team Hires and McAfee Profitability Stack
SYDNEY, Australia, July 30, 2012 – McAfee has demonstrated its continued focus on the channel with the appointments of Craig Nielsen, Senior Director of Channels & Alliances APAC, and Aileen Paterson, National Partner Manager, to the local channel team. This announcement comes as McAfee celebrates the winners of its annual McAfee Partner Awards and introduces the McAfee Profitability Stack, which integrates the company’s richest profitability programs from around the world into one comprehensive global offering.
Regional Channel Appointments Appointed to the role of Senior Director of Channels and Alliances Asia Pacific, Craig Nielsen is responsible for developing business with McAfee’s channel partners and establishing alliances across Asia Pacific. Nielsen has 17 years of industry experience having worked in executive and management roles in the region delivering enterprise and SME solutions to a range of industries. He has in-depth experience in developing successful and enduring partnerships with leading integrators, outsourcers and solution providers.
Craig replaces Gavin Struthers who has been appointed to the role of senior vice president of worldwide channel operations at McAfee.
McAfee has also appointed Aileen Paterson to National Partner Manager Australia and New Zealand with the aim of providing McAfee partners with a higher level of service. Paterson will join Stacy Hall, who was recently hired as National Channel Account Manager Australia and New Zealand.
Paterson has more than 15 years’ experience in the Australian ICT Industry with a specific focus on the channel and was most recently at Ingram Micro as an Enterprise Business Development Manager.
“Craig’s expertise, experience and knowledge of the local channel market will be a fabulous asset to McAfee’s team,” said Steve Redman, President of McAfee Asia Pacific.
“These hires further strengthen the local channel program so we can provide our partners with the best support possible, comprehensive security products and innovative marketing programs, therefore providing resellers with the tools and knowledge to drive growth and profitability.”
McAfee Partner Awards Craig is very happy to congratulate the recent winners of the McAfee ANZ Partner Awards. The McAfee Partner Awards recognise the success of its ANZ partners, highlighting outstanding achievements by its top performers and rewarding them for their contribution to the growth of McAfee’s local business.
The annual McAfee Partner Awards event brings together an influential community of Elite and Premier Reseller and Distributor Partners, committed to helping shape McAfee’s future. Hosted by senior McAfee executives, the half-day event provides a platform for direct participation where McAfee partners can share feedback on partnering with McAfee and their insights on the security industry and strategies for success.
The Awards recognise exemplary performance, excellent results and working partnerships that shows continued growth. Each of the companies awarded have an impressive record of year-on-year sales growth, further enhanced by their new business activity, volume of deal registrations as well as an ongoing commitment to McAfee training and certifications.
“Congratulations to all of this year’s award winners. The outstanding results achieved over the past year shows that McAfee has some outstanding partners in the region, all of whom I am very excited to work with,” said Craig Neilsen.
McAfee Partner Award Winners:
1. SMB Partner of the Year: Leading Edge Information Recognising the top performing partner focused on selling to SMBs (companies with 50-250 employees).
2. Commercial Partner of the Year: Loop Technology Recognising the partner that demonstrates the largest growth in the commercial segment and an ongoing commitment to training, enablement and certifications.
3. Top Growth Partner of the Year: Datacom The partner that demonstrates the largest increase in year-on-year growth.
4. Distributor of the Year: Westcon Group The Top performing distributor in ANZ.
5. Top Three Global Partner: Dimension Data Australia
McAfee Profitability Stack McAfee has also announced the availability of the McAfee Profitability Stack. Designed to deliver maximum partner value while accelerating sales, the McAfee Profitability Stack includes deal registration, incumbency advantage, tiered pricing, teaming plans, rewards, and rebates.
The profitability stack allows McAfee SecurityAlliance partners to earn additional benefits for new or existing business, upselling and cross selling, as well as working with McAfee or for individual sales and pre-sales efforts. The extensive set of programs that were either enhanced or made available globally include:
• Deal Registration: McAfee’s largest investment in partner profitability, offers deal protection as well as up to 25% of additional margin for partners who secure incremental new business and 10% additional margin for suite upgrades.
• Incumbency Advantage: Provides the incumbent partner with up to 5% of additional margin on the first renewal to help them build loyalty through customer retention.
• Rebates: McAfee pays out millions of dollars each year in the form of rebates to its top channel partners. Partners can now track their earnings potential via a weekly rebate tracking report, allowing partners to make educated business decisions. Also, the Accredited Channel Engineer incentive rebate is now available globally – allowing eligible partners to earn up to a 4% rebate on MSRP.
• Rewards: Partner sales representatives and engineers can earn cash and prizes for selling McAfee. New rewards include; USD$25,000 in quarterly SMB Endpoint “Top Performer” payouts; USD$35,000 in Commercial Endpoint “Top Performer” payouts; and USD$500 for referring a friend to the McAfee Rewards Program.
• Teaming Plan: Gives partners deal protection and 5% additional margin for helping to work and close McAfee-founded opportunities. Enhancements include, the removal of a Teaming Plan threshold to drive additional growth in the commercial market and a streamlined approval process.
• Tiered Pricing: Recognises and rewards Elite and Premier Partners’ investment in McAfee and as a result these partners earn pricing advantages based on their McAfee SecurityAlliance program level. A new automated pricing process allows distributors to make tiered pricing available to authorised resellers. Additionally McAfee has introduced discounted (non-standard) tiered pricing worldwide.
About McAfee McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that help secure systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world, allowing users to safely connect to the Internet, browse and shop the Web more securely. Backed by its unrivalled Global Threat Intelligence, McAfee creates innovative products that empower home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers by enabling them to prove compliance with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. McAfee is relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. http://www.mcafee.com/au
Note: McAfee is a trademark or registered trademark of McAfee, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Sign up now »
Kaspersky Open Space Security provides complete business protection in a single integrated suite of applications that work seamlessly across all platforms.
Incident handling is a vast topic, but here are a few tips for you to consider in your incident response. I hope you never have to use them, but the odds are at some point you will and I hope being ready saves you pain (or your job!).
- Have an incident response plan.
- Pre-define your incident response team
- Define your approach: watch and learn or contain and recover.
- Pre-distribute call cards.
- Forensic and incident response data capture.
- Get your users on-side.
- Know how to report crimes and engage law enforcement.
- Practice makes perfect.
I’m dating myself, but I remember when holiday shopping involved pouring through ads in the Sunday paper, placing actual phone calls from tethered land lines to research product stock and availability, and actually driving places to pick things up. Now, holiday shoppers can do all of that from a smartphone or tablet in a few seconds, but there are some security pitfalls to be aware of.