- 23 July 2012 13:21
HID Global Unveils Breakthrough Innovations for Creating, Using and Managing Secure Identity at Security 2012
Sydney, Australia – Security 2012 (Booth #A18) – July 23, 2012 – HID Global, trusted leader in solutions for the delivery of secure identity, today announced it will unveil its broad range of breakthrough innovations at this week’s Security 2012 in Australia. In addition to launching its next generation VertX EVO™ controller platform for advanced customizable networked access control solutions, HID Global will also demonstrate its new FARGO® HDP8500 Industrial Series Card Printer/Encoder; its award-winning iCLASS SE® platform for increased security, functionality and mobile access as well as a broad range of Genuine HID contactless readers and smart card solutions. Company executive will also speak at conference track session during the event.
HID Global will demonstrate its extensive suite of technologies, products and solutions in Booth #A18 at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre from July 25-27. Key demonstrations at Security 2012 include:
Solutions for Creating a Secure Identity
• Card Personalization Solutions: HID will showcase its new FARGO HDP8500 Industrial Series Card Printer/Encoder, a superior high definition industrial ID printer for extended-run, high throughput credential personalization and issuance. HID will also demonstrate its high definition HDP5000 Printer/Encoder and FARGO DTC1000 Printer/Encoder, ideal card printing solutions that produce reliable, professional quality, personalized color ID cards and security encoding all in one pass.
Solutions for Using Secure Identity
• Mobile Access Solutions: Demonstrations of HID’s iCLASS Secure Identity Object™-enabled (iCLASS SE®) platform that enables the use of digital credentials on NFC smartphones while delivering increased functionality and unprecedented levels of security.
• Embedded Technologies: HID offers a variety of embedded platforms to allow third parties to develop hardware that works within the Genuine HID™ ecosystem. veriCLASS™ is an embedded reader platform for closed-loop payment and open-loop debit/credit card schemes; identiCLASS™ is used to develop e-ID hardware used in e-ID solutions; and the SIO Processor can be used across a variety of platforms to SIO-enable third-party hardware.
Solutions for Managing Secure Identity
• Network Access Solutions: VertX EVO offers an open and scalable development platform for the deployment of a wide range of access control functionality, including remote management options, real-time monitoring, report generation and a powerful custom rules engine that enables the use of the system hardware for complimentary applications.
• Credential Management and Authentication Solutions: HID’s ActivIdentity® card management and strong authentication solutions and OMNIKEY® desktop reader solutions.
HID Global executives will present at Security Conference track session:
• Jordan Cullis, Director of Sales, Australia and New Zealand – “Unlocking the world of digital keys and portable identity credentials on mobile phones” on Friday, July 27 from 11.30 a.m.-1p.m. Register Here
About HID Global HID Global is the trusted source for secure identity solutions for millions of customers around the world. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global is the supplier of choice for OEMs, system integrators and application developers serving a variety of markets. These markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company’s primary brands include ActivIdentity®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, LaserCard® and HID®. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HID Global has over 2,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
® HID, the HID logo, iCLASS SE, ,VertX EVO, OMNIKEY, ActivIdentity and FARGO are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
# # #
Sign up now »
The Access Risk Management Suite enables organizations in industries across the board, to improve security, corporate and regulatory compliance and increase operational efficiency.
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Analyst (MS Environment) .netNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTTest Analyst (MS Environment) .netNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
Incident handling is a vast topic, but here are a few tips for you to consider in your incident response. I hope you never have to use them, but the odds are at some point you will and I hope being ready saves you pain (or your job!).
- Have an incident response plan.
- Pre-define your incident response team
- Define your approach: watch and learn or contain and recover.
- Pre-distribute call cards.
- Forensic and incident response data capture.
- Get your users on-side.
- Know how to report crimes and engage law enforcement.
- Practice makes perfect.
I’m dating myself, but I remember when holiday shopping involved pouring through ads in the Sunday paper, placing actual phone calls from tethered land lines to research product stock and availability, and actually driving places to pick things up. Now, holiday shoppers can do all of that from a smartphone or tablet in a few seconds, but there are some security pitfalls to be aware of.