Risk management and penetration testing firm Threat Intelligence says CEO Ty Miller has been appointed to the governing Board of the Council of Registered Ethical Security Testers - CREST (Aust) Ltd. This continues on from his role as a CREST Assessor to which he was appointed in 2012.
Greg Rudd, CEO of CREST Australia, says “Ty Miller is acknowledged as one of Australia’s, and indeed the world’s, leading information security specialists. He has been contributing to maintain the CREST standards in our local industry for some time now. Ty’s practical and comprehensive understanding of the local industry and the global evolving threat landscape will be an enormous boost to our Board and its ability to set far sighted strategies.”
Miller says “CREST’s ethical approach to information security testing plays a vital role in supporting industry professionals to differentiate themselves from the broader unregulated testing market".
Ben Heyes was elected Chair of CREST in February and the organisation is also talking to the Business Council of Australia to fill a current independent director vacancy.
- Security Watch: WatchGuard appoints new Northern Region sales manager
- Righting wrongs: preventing data breaches before they happen
- Foot-dragging customers “hitting the wall” three months after Microsoft's TMG end-of-life
- Security now top executive priority across all key IT areas: IDC
- Security Watch: Symantec appoints new local MD
- Security Watch: Gigamon transforms security market - champions the Security Delivery Platform