AVG Technologies has announced a new global partnership with telecommunications equipment, networks and mobile devices company, ZTE, to become a provider of mobile security across its range of devices. From May 2015, ZTE smartphones and tablets come pre-installed with AVG’s AntiVirus PRO for Android app.
Ms. Wang Xuemei, Business Manager at ZTE, says “Our customers will be able to rely on our partnership with AVG to help take the worry out of connecting to their favourite websites, apps and using online services through their ZTE smartphones and tablets. We are committed to mobile security and strive to provide the best mobile experience possible to all of our users.”
Under the terms of the partnership, ZTE customers will receive a free 60-day trial of the AVG AntiVirus PRO for Android app. After the trial, they can either choose to keep the enhanced features by purchasing the annual subscription or retain AVG AntiVirus FREE for Android, which still ensures their smartphone or tablet will have core protection.
- Security Watch: BT deploys Check Point firewall tech for cloud security
- Security Watch: A10 and ThreatSTOP announce partnership
- Security Watch: Visa and FireEye team up
- Appointment of two Australians to ISACA board reflects regional security expertise: director
- Security Watch: Imation Announces IronKey H350 hard drives wit FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Certification
- Google researcher reveals more Kaspersky bugs, calls out the irony of antivirus