Blue Coat Systems has been acquired by Bain Capital Thoma Bravo, LLC, in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately US$2.4 billion.
Blue Coat offers an integrated portfolio of security products used by about 80% of the Fortune Global 500. They also offer global cloud security infrastructure, which integrates with its on premise solutions to offer hybrid defence. The company has increased market share over recent years.
“Blue Coat has strengthened and expanded our product portfolio, leading to more value for our customers while positioning the company for the next stage of growth in partnership with Bain Capital,” said Gregory S. Clark, Chief Executive Officer, Blue Coat Systems, Inc. “We have benefitted from Thoma Bravo’s insight and support and look forward to continued progress and innovation with the help of Bain Capital as we build the business to become one of the top performing security companies in the world.”
David Humphrey, a Managing Director at Bain Capital says “Blue Coat is a leader in the enterprise security market with its innovative product. We are excited to help Blue Coat further grow the business and potentially return to the public markets”.
Got a question or suggestion?
- Cloud, MDM on horizon as Australia's SecuraLive races to compete on global security stage
- The week in security: It's hack or be hacked as airplane rises, defences fall
- FBI: Victims of online fraud lost $800m to scammers last year
- Security Watch: Fujitsu launches Security Services practice
- ISACA guides skills-challenged SMBs towards security governance