NetIQ has announced general availability of NetIQ Access ManagerTM 4.1 and NetIQ Advanced Authentication Framework 5.1. The technologies adaptively tailor the appropriate level of identity verification for each situation to keep access simple for users without compromising security.
NetIQ Access Manager 4.1 provides the next level of access control by enabling organisations to take a risk-based approach to protecting their environment from unauthorised access. By adapting an appropriate level of authentication based on situational risk, organisations are able to tailor the user’s authentication experience to the proper strength. NetIQ Access Manager allows the administrator to define context-based policies, such as the user’s location, device and time of access to assess the risk of the desired request, resulting in a dynamic approach to balancing simplicity and security.
NetIQ Advanced Authentication Framework provides both flexibility and a central point of administration for virtually all advanced authentication needs. With version 5.1, NetIQ Advanced Authentication Framework is offered as a soft appliance, making it quick to configure and deploy.
NetIQ Access Manager 4.1 is available today and starts at $17 per user USD. NetIQ Advanced Authentication Framework 5.1 is also available today and starts at $13 per user USD when purchased as an extension to NetIQ Access Manager.
NetIQ will showcase both NetIQ Advanced Authentication Framework and Access Manager the upcoming RSA Conference at Booth #S1621 (South Hall) from Tuesday, April 21 to Thursday, April 23 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
- The week in security: Breaches growing, DDoS fiercer, mobile malware “negligible” as battlefronts shift
- Security Watch: BT Launches Next Generation Cyber Service
- Security Watch: Akamai adds new web application and DDoS protection
- Automation key to defeating new adversaries
- Talking ’bout my generation – the next wave of infosec
- Week in review: RSA conference wrap; Brandis wants private-public security alliance
- Security Watch: Symantec appoints new APJ sales leader