Symantec State of Spam Report - July 2009
- 13 July, 2009 16:22
<p>Here is the July State of Spam Report from Symantec: http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/enterprise/other_resources/b-state_of_spam_report_07-2009.en-us.pdf</p>
<p>This report reviews spam activity throughout the month of June.</p>
<p>A closer observation of spam tactics in Asia Pacific this past month revealed some interesting highlights:</p>
<p>Since Michael Jackson’s death several related spam and malware campaigns have taken shape</p>
<p>Spammers utilised the 4th of July holiday in the US as vehicles to deliver some of their most malicious campaigns</p>
<p>The trend of spammers using attachment images to get the attention of certain email users continues to re-emerge as a top spam threat</p>
<p>Symantec observed a wave of fake Twitter invitations carrying a mass-mailing worm</p>
<p>If you would like more information on the July State of Spam Report please contact the representative below.</p>
<p>+61 2 9954 3492</p>
- Securing your identity when you’re up in the cloud
- Is your organisation ready for the new data breach notification legislation?
- As breach notification boosts onus, classification can boost CISOs’ business credibility
- Survey identifies key digital transformation priorities for business in 2017
- Are you afraid your car will be taken over?